Bantry Bay family outing
A trip to Bantry Bay from Sydney – this a full day charter, with an earl;y start to take advantage of Spit Bridge opening times. Bantry Bay is located in one of the best spots in “Middle Harbour” about a 20 minute trip from the bridge itself. This historic precinct enjoys the surrounding bushland of Garigal National Park and the remains of an old armaments depot decommissioned in the early 70’s.
This charter is ideal for special events such as Birthday Party, friends visiting from overseas, farewells and simple get togethers.
A dinghy is available to go between the yacht and the small jetty on the shore where you can wander around checking the remnants of human activity or even do a short walk.
Likely itinerary, subject to change
- 9.00 am start in Sydney, pass under the Harbour Bridge and sail or motor down the Harbour to make the bridge opening.
- 10.15 am Spit Bridge opens, we pass under into Middle Harbour, past Beauty Point and Sailors Bay. Other points of interest include Sugarloaf Bay, Castle Crag Bay and Explosives Reserve.
- 11.00 Arrive Bantry Bay and pick up a mooring or anchor. Anyone wanting to go ashore for a wander can at this stage. (Western shore is restricted access)
- 12.00 Noon Lunch, BBQ and entertaining, swimming in warmer months.
- 1.45 pm Be at Bridge for opening and pass back into the Spit and the main harbour. Set sail or motor back to Sydney.
- 3.30 pm approx arrive back at drop off dock.
This is a 6 hour charter, available for $1,450.00. Regular price is $1,750.00 14 Passengers max.